Yes, I am late but I am here because I love it.
The year started with lot of changes. Each taking its own course of action and I find myself tangled in between, thoroughly enjoying the uncertainty.
One thing which stays forever is the love for reading and the new found passion to learn writing.
Yes, I am late in doing what I thought would be the first thing for the year that I would plan my reading this year with a purpose.
Nonetheless, I am still on track and posting my reading list.
I enjoyed coming up with my own categories of books when I started planning about which books to read. Yes, I love planning too !
This year I am focusing on India and Indian contemporary and here are the categories and the books I chose –
1. An author whose previous writing I didn’t like (Between the assassinations by Arvind Adiga)
2. First book by popular contemporary author (Freedom songs by Amit Chaudhary)
3. Long time wish list (A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth)
4. Planned but missed reading last year (Shiva Trilogy (Shiva Trilogy #1-3) by Amish Tripathi)
5. A Book by all time favorite author (Full Moon (Blandings Castle, #7) by P.G. Wodehouse)
6. Thriller / Mystery (Memory Man by David Baldacci)
7. Super natural / science fiction (11/22/63 by Stephen King)
8. A book based on true story (The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank)
9. A book which won Pulitzer prize (All the lights we cannot see by Anthony Doerr)
10. A book set in a city I admire – Mumbai (Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry)
11. Indian History (Tatya Tope’s Operation Red Lotus by Parag Tope)
12. A new release in 2016
To be chosen, suggestions welcome 🙂
Aren’t the covers interesting and compelling !!